Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Indigo Restaurant

Bold
Indigo Restaurant
1121 Nu'uanu Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817 | Phone: (808)-521-2900

Indigo is a very popular spot in Honolulu's colorful Chinatown. One of the first restaurants to take advantage of the up and coming arts district it quickly established its way into a staple of the art scene. From wine tastings to live music and dancing.

The evening we had The Grilled Scallops and Shrimp and Enoki mushroom summer rolls for appetizers along with a chocolate martini for my date and a Goose Collins for me. I got a three olives martini instead of my tom Collins but I was thirsty so took the drink and didn't complain.

The scallops were great, I loved them. Simply grill some protein and give it a nice spicy sauce and I will be a happy boy.

The summer rolls were ok, not great but not by any means bad.

I being a carnivore I had the steak. Thin but quite flavorful I enjoyed this steak. They definitely make it look nice. Veggies were fresh and crisp and the slaw was there. The beurre blanc sauce worked well with the steak.

Now the roasted duck confit. It tasted like turkey, good turkey but still turkey, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment