400 g (14 oz) Uni
400 g (14 oz) lump crab meat, drained and cleaned, make sure there are no bits of shell or other detritus.
350 g (12 oz.) shrimp, peeled and deveined
400 g (14oz) uncooked thin spaghetti
400 g (14oz.) unsalted butter at room temp
450 ml (16 oz.) Dashi
24 shiso leaves, cut into chiffonade
1. Place room temperature butter in a non-reactive bowl, fold in the uni, leaving large pieces and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta al dente and drain.
3. In a large sauté pan bring 400 ml of Dashi to a boil then add the drained pasta to the pan.
4. When the Dashi has returned to a boil add uni butter, shrimp and crab.
5. Cook until the shrimp is done and sauce is thickened use remaining Dashi if needed.
6. Remove from heat and mix in half shiso chiffonade, drizzle lightly with soy sauce and salt to taste.
7. Serve immediately